Sitting in the cockpit of a Spitfire is a once in a lifetime experience, to make sure you’re prepped for the day please take note of our access restrictions before purchasing your tickets:
– You must be physically fit to climb a small number of steps and lift your legs and full body weight into the cockpit
– Please wear trousers or shorts. Skirts and dresses may prevent or restrict access
– Please wear flat shoes with a good grip on them. Please note: we cannot allow the public access without appropriate footwear
– You are more than welcome to take pictures once inside the cockpit. Please come with a camera that can be zipped into a pocket or a camera with a strap
– Spitfire Cockpits are small – please see measurements below for your information.
a) The seat is 70 cms wide
b) The entrance into the cockpit is 43cms wide
– If the museum feels that it is not safe or possible for you to access the Spitfire MK16 cockpit then we reserve the right to refuse access.
– Please refer to the terms and conditions displayed at the Experience before purchasing your ticket.
These may be purchased on the day from the Museum’s Main Entrance, the Museum’s shop or directly from the Spitfire Experience itself. There is no need to book in advance, just turn up on the day and pick your slot. Charge is £10 per session.